NOT AN EMMY…BETTER…THE LIEBSTER!
Good Monday everyone! This past Friday we received a very special gift from our friend, the lovely and very informative Beauty Blog Orlando. They have nominated us for the Liebster (means Best Blog) Award. We understand that there will be no trophy (Boo) but we are stoked nonetheless to receive this massive shout out. We also know it is a great way to show our appreciation to other blogs and extend our viewer reach, so we are giving a HUGE kiss and hug to Ashley Evelyn (Beauty Blogger Extraordinaire) because she totally rocks and makes us feel pretty with her words daily.
In an effort to share the love, we are nominating just a few of our favorite blogs, because if we included them all the list would be endless. Please click on the below links and check out our picks.
Danaé & Sara
AND THE NOMINEES ARE:
Here’s How It Works (RULES):
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated.
3. Choose eleven people to give this award (We didn’t choose eleven and we didn’t stick to the under 200 follower rule…sorry) and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.
Ashley’s Questions for 2 Gliterary Girls:
1. What’s the #1 beauty product you can’t live without?
Sara: Taupe lip liner (Preferably Mac)
Danaé: My Burberry Lipstick or Lipgloss
2. What does beauty mean to you?
Taking care of your body and soul. Being a well rounded person who considers what is inside a person’s heart as well as their head and not judging based on preconceived notions.
3. Which beauty look do you like, but struggle to achieve?
Both: Smokey eyes
4. Which men’s trend of 2012 do you wish a man in your life would try?
Sara: six pack abs 😉 can’t complain since he is in great shape though.
Danaé: oohh this is tough… My husband is really in style. He already rocks scarves, jackets w/jeans, and anything else I’d want him to try. So…I can’t think of anything. Sorry!
5. Which celebrity’s style do you like, or emulate?
Sara: Sarah Jessica Parker (trite, I know, but true)
Danaé: I love Old Hollywood
6. What characteristic do you especially look for in a blog?
Both: Heart, humor and truth
7. What’s the first blog you fell in love with?
Sara: Hard to say, but Perez Hilton way back when, I guess. It was a blog right?
Danaé: Before we read other’s blogs, my friends and I started our own chain of blogs (this was 10 years ago btw) …so I guess I fell in love with my friend’s words first.
8. Who is your favorite Femme Fatale?
Sara: Lauren Bacall
Danaé: Grace Kelly
9. We’ve all had beauty/fashion “oopsies.” What’s your oopsy?
Sara: 7th-10th grade, period.
Danaé: haha I think every one is going to say Jr. High. We all thought crimped hair was awesome.
10. From time to time I write about my friends and family. How do the people in your life respond to the idea of themselves as subjects?
Sara: As long as I keep it clean and keep out any personal info, they are cool.
Danaé: My husband likes it when he is mentioned. I think my parents do too. I try to keep everyone else out though- or if I do mention them, they are nameless.
11. In your opinion, what is the one book that should be read and re-read?
Pride and Prejudice … Maybe Wuthering Heights too… Sorry I kinda cheated! (Danae)
OUR QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES:
- What most inspires your blog
- Who would you credit your inspiration for writing
- Tell us something funny about yourself
- How much time do you spend on your blog
- What would you do for a living if you could do anything
- What is your favorite genre of literature
- What would you consider your reading guilty pleasure
- What is your favorite movie based on a literary work
- What do you do for fun
- What was the first blog or article you read that impacted you
- What artistic medium are you drawn to most (photography, visual art, movies, etc.)