Gift Ideas For Your Book Lover
It is December, which means that Christmas and Hanukkah gifts are being bought around the world. Only 19 more days until Christmas day and as I am sitting here at my computer trying to figure out what I am buying my family for Christmas, I thought it might be a fun post to pass on some ideas for those boyfriends/girlfriends/husbands/wives/parents/family members of book lovers. Of course, a good ol’ fashioned Barnes and Noble Gift Card is always appreciated (or Amazon gift cards these days), with those gift cards aside, here’s my recommendations of book-lover approved items.
- Note Cards: I am always a fan of note cards because I think a hand written note beats a text/email any day. If the cards have a quote from one of my favorite authors or books, then I’ll be twice as excited!
- Journals: What writer doesn’t love to have something handy to write down their thoughts when inspiration hits? Giving a journal is always appreciated and used.
- Kindle Cover: I know that many of my friends love their kindle and a cover for their beloved accessory could be a great idea.
- Quote Necklace: I LOVE anything that has one of my favorite quotes on it. If I could find a necklace with a Jane Austen quote on it, I’d be a happy camper! J
- Book Tote: I love the book totes and Barnes and Noble! I currently have a Gone with the Wind tote that I take everything in whenever I need another bag.
- Book Mark: Because I’m a girl who really enjoys simple things, a book mark with a photo of my favorite book, maybe a favorite actor, a favorite quote, anything that makes me know that the person who picked it out really knows me, is a wonderful gift.
- Personal Library Kit: I know that I often lend books out to friends and never get them back. This would be a great idea to keep track of my books and put a name card on the inside of them.
- Kate Spade Book Clutches: Have you seen these? I have the Emma clutch and I ADORE it!
- A literary cruise: yes, these exist. How fun would that be?
- Book Baskets: Such as the ones on Book Bouquet and Enchanted Bookery are amazing!
- Digital E-Reader: I know this is likely stating the obvious but most people today want a book at their fingertips at all times. An e-reader is a great gift for a big reader that has not yet taken the plunge into the electronic realm.
I hope that this list is helpful for all those shopping for gifts out there.